We made some significant improvements to the gym to address the issues of high energy costs, cold temperatures, drafts, and inefficient heating. Here’s a summary of the changes we made:
- Addressing Cold Temperatures:
- The gym was very cold, which was causing discomfort for clients.
- We installed insulation measures to retain heat and make the gym more comfortable.
- Expensive Lighting:
- Lighting was costly to run.
- We replaced existing lighting with low-energy LED Halo lights, which are more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
- Drafts Under the Shutter:
- There were drafts coming from under the shutter.
- We built an insulated plasterboard wall in front of the shutter to prevent drafts and improve insulation.
- Inefficient Heating:
- Heating was inefficient and costly.
- We added insulation above the ceiling and installed insulated ceiling tiles to reduce heat loss and improve heating efficiency.
- A bulkhead was built around the office area to separate it from the gym space, ensuring that the heating was focused on the gym area where it was needed most.
- Sound Absorption:
- The insulated ceiling tiles also serve as sound-absorbing elements, which can improve the acoustics of the gym.
Overall, these changes not only make the gym more energy-efficient and cost-effective to run but also create a more comfortable and inviting environment for clients. The client should see a significant reduction in their energy bills while maintaining a warm and pleasant gym atmosphere.